Known Issues and Revision History
- In training mode, the program writes directly to the screen buffer, instead of using
a back buffer, so discontinuities show during frame updates.
I'll fix this if someone can explain how to use Windows menu bars and buffer flipping at the same time.
- Version 2.1 (2012)
- Version 2.0 (2006)
- Add support for differing resolutions, including wide screens.
- Add sound effects.
- Add vanity board.
- Increase maximum number of attacking aliens from 4 to 10 in game mode, and from 7 to 13 in training mode.
- Rewrite HFT to use SSE instructions. Added "Benchmark" option on menu to measure HFT speed.
- Rewrite graphics to use full-screen mode with double buffering.
- Version 1.3
- Fix phase error. In 1.2, the center of the display did not
have zero phase for all frequencies.
- Fix documentation errors. Thanks to Brian Robison for sending
corrections for version 1.2.
- Version 1.2
- First port to Windows.
- Maximum number of invaders raised from 4 to 7.
- Show self and invaders as circles instead of squares in spatial domain.
- Rewrite explosion algorithm - each pixel now modeled separately.
- Version 1.1 (2001)
- Original release (Macintosh)
Back to "About the Programming"